You can find information, such as salary and visas about teaching for specific countries in the article, FAQ for Latin America. Information about Latin America in general can be found in the Teaching in Latin America. You can contact me on email@example.com
I don't update the LA Job List often. If you know of a school, institute, or university that should be added to the list or any info that is out of date, please let me know.
Be sure to check out my other blogs.
Free Lists of Schools
● Costa Rica
● Dominican Republic
● El Salvador
● Puerto Rico
Teaching in Latin America
● Cheap Flights to Latin America
● FAQ for Latin America
● Interview in ELT Horizons
● Lord of the Miracles
● Teaching in Latin America
Teaching in Peru
● Conferences and Training
● Guide to Peru
● Job Info: Pay, Hours, etc
● List of Institutes
● List of Schools
● Teaching English in Peru
● TEFL Certificates
● Top Institutes in Lima
● The Ultimate Peru List
Special thanks to
Evan Couzens, Copy Editor.
David Couzens, Director of Marketing.
Jaime Babineaux, for creating my banner.
Steve McElhinney, from Volunteer South America, for giving me tips on marketing.
Viva Travel Guides, for publishing part of my work.
Transitions Abroad, for publishing some of my articles.
The LA Job List does not endorse any of the schools listed and will not be held accountable for the outcome of any applications. It is your responsibility to research every opportunity carefully!
The LA Job List recommends:
The 2013 poll was: "What brought you to Latin America?" Here are the results.
- Love: 66% with 2 votes
- Money: 0% with 0 votes
- Work: 33% with 1 vote
- Studies: 0% with 0 votes
- Other: 0% with 0 votes
Diplomas and Masters
- Advanced Diploma (ES) TESOL - 450 hours is the next step up after a TEFL certificate. If you've done the certificate course with them you can upgrade to a diploma by taking four modules.
- Master of Education in TESOL: If you have the diploma and want to take it a step further, try getting a Master of Education in TESOL. You can pay in full or make payments.
- Business English: Got a class of Business English and want an overview of how to do it? Try their Teaching Business English course. It's 10 hours and will help you and your students out.
- Grammar: If you need to learn about grammar quickly, check out their Grammar Awareness course. With 30 hours you'll be sure to learn everything you need to know.
- Observations and Lesson Planning: Need feedback on your teaching? The Teaching Observation and Lesson Presentation Practice certificate is a 20 hour course that will allow you to improve your teaching and lesson planning.
- One-to-One Private Lessons: Teaching private lessons is a great way to make extra money and their Teaching English One-to-One is a 10 hour course filled with tips or tricks.
- Technology: If you need help with using technology in the classroom, Technology Assisted Language Learning is a 20 hour course designed to take you through the ins and outs of using technology to teach English.
- Young Learners: Many TEFL jobs out there require you to teach Young Learners and they have a short 10 hour Teaching English to Young Learners introductory course that will teach you classroom management, games and more.